Sunday, February 28, 2010

A typical night around here usually consists of the following:

1. Rushing home and arriving about 5:15 after leaving work and picking up both girls.
2. Rushing to make dinner ready between 5:30 and 5:45- yup, that is right- I have about a 1/2 window before the natives start to eat their own!
3. Eating dinner, usually with Todd and Riley both talking to me about everything and Annie grumping and wanting to get out of her seat. Occasionally, if I make something she likes, she will eat it, but usually dinner consists of me trying to get her to eat and her saying nah, nah, nah.
4. After dinner, Todd brings both girls upstairs and suddenly they are all happy again because I usually hear screaming and laughing while I get a few minutes to myself to go on the computer.
5. About 6:15 I head upstairs and sometimes do some laundry, set out the girls clothes for the next day if I haven't already and start baths.
6. One or both get baths- this is a fun time because Annie is happy!
7. PJs on and head to the bonus room to watch Yo Gabba Gabba at 6:30. Watch and play, mostly play and then Annie gets ready for bed about 7.
8. She gets a book and rocked for about 2 minutes now, and then I lay her down and she goes to sleep.
9. Riley has her snack and gets to watch her movie until about 7:45, when she then uses the potty, brushes her teeth and goes to bed.
10. Todd reads her a book while I collapse into bed and either read or watch tv...

Here are a few pics from our night tonight:


Forgot about Roxie- she joins us in the family room on her couch. Sometimes she is annoying and tries to play with the girls but she smells and they don't like it :)

Annie watching Yo Gabba Gabba

Riley in her pj's and ready for bed




No comments: