Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What a day....

Yesterday was a day I would rather not repeat. There was not just one single thing, but a combination of things that just wore me out. I had to get to work early to prepare for a meeting that I wasn't really sure where it would go...and had another right before it, so I knew that I needed that time. So Riley and I actually got out of the house on time, which was great- but I forgot my cell phone. I got to work to learn that the first meeting, at 9am, was cancelled, so that gave me a little more time...that was nice. The rest of the day was ok, until Riley's school called at 2:30 to tell me that there was a power outage across the whole campus, and that we would need to come and get her within the hour.

So, I scrambled- I had an OB appt, and Todd was entrenched in a big project at work, so we called Grams and Gramps and luckily Gramps was home (Grams still can't drive), and they were able to pick her up. That worked out really well, and they even agreed to feed her dinner (and me, too)...so off I went to my OB appt. I had to borrow a cell from work- it was dead, so I had to charge it on the way...luckily it was the same as my phone.

Wasn't too happy with the appt overall. I had to have the GBS swab, which is not pleasant and I won't go into details for you :). Then he checked me, and my dilation has not changed (not too happy at this...wish these contractions would actually DO something). Had to listen to him tell me the same story I heard last week about some other patient who had contractions all of the time, like me, who ended up going over her due date...really, really NOT what I wanted to hear....the somewhat good news is that my cervix is definitely lower. Gained 2 lbs, which can replace 2 of the 4 lbs I lost last month!

I drove to my mom's from there...oh, forgot to add....it was 102 degrees outside- and we had a nice dinner where Riley ate her weight in ham!! Then the fun started! We heard some thunder, and it looked like there were some storms all over the county. Just as we were leaving, Todd called and said we were getting hit at home, and to stay put. He said it was lightening and raining a lot, and then the hail started....so we stayed a while, and once he said it was better, Riley and I packed it up and headed home. We got about 3 miles down the interstate and the heavens opened up. Seriously, I have been through some bad storms, but this was *really, really* bad....it was hailing and the rain was coming sideways. I pulled over and so did everyone else, and Riley and I just sat there....for about 10 minutes and waited....it started to let up and then we drove home.

It was NOT fun at all, and we didn't get home until almost 8pm- we had planned to get home around 6:30....I was tired and sore and miserable, and of course, contracting....and think I fell asleep about 9:30!!! I know it could have been A LOT worse, but it was not a nice day, overall, and today has been much, much better :)

No comments: