Saturday, January 23, 2010

Weekly recap

So, no one else got sick- yay- and aside from some lingering coughing from both girls from some mystery long-term cold, we are all relatively healthy. Now, if only we can stay that way!

We had a busy week- Monday was a holiday, which meant no work for me and no school for the girls. We didn't really do much- it was a really nice day, so we played outside and I made a honey wheat and pumpkin bread with my new mixer!

On Friday I went to "Muffins with Moms" at Riley's school, which was great fun. The cafeteria was packed, and then I walked her to class and talked to her teacher quickly. For those who follow my Twitter feed, you know that Riley will be starting to visit the 1st grade classroom on Monday for their reading lessons. She met the teacher this week and saw the classroom, and I can't wait to hear how it goes. We finally received her MAP testing scores, and I really do not know how to interpret them, or compare, but it does say she scored above average in both reading and math, so that is good!

Today we went to Riley's basketball game- she cheered- we left and went right to Laney's birthday party at the gymnastics gym. It was fun- although we weren't there for too long and missed most of the gymnastics.

Another busy week awaits me next week (they are all busy at this point), and then Sophie and Karen come for a visit- we are so excited!! I can't wait to see Sophie and Annie play together.

No comments: