Monday, January 25, 2010

An Annie update

My little Annie is growing by leaps and bounds lately. Since moving into the Toddler Room at school, I have really seen a difference in her. She is definitely now a toddler and no longer my little baby....here are a few things she is working on:

*Talking! Finally, finally, I think she is starting to understand that she needs to SPEAK to get things! She is starting to make different articulations, and has a few words now, instead of just "more"! So far, she can say Mama, Dada, more, dog, cat, shoes, fish, bark, socks (although this sounds like shoes, but I know what she means). She can also make the sounds for monkey, horse, dog (bark), cow and chicken. Although many of these words and sounds are recognizable to only me :)

*She can walk down the stairs holding my hand and walk up- sort of.

*She is drinking from a regular cup at school- no more sippy cups- at school, at least

*She is a hand-washing pro. When we get to school, I take off her coat and we walk in the classroom- she goes right to the sink and starts to do it all by herself. She LOVES to wash her hands.

*She is starting to put together puzzles- sort of. I sat down with her this weekend and we worked on a few new puzzles from Grandma and Grandpa Buckley and she can recognize where the pieces are supposed to go- she can't quite get them there yet, but she knows them. And she can identify pretty much every animal and lots of other pictures in certain books.

*She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES certain books and wants to read them over and over and over. I think I wrote about that before. Right now her favorite book is Where is Elmo's Blanket? It is a book with little doors that you need to open....if we only read that book repeatedly all night she would be happy!

*She can eat an entire peanut butter and jelly sandwich by herself, and she has sweet tooth, like her mama!

*She has occasionally let me put her hair up in a pony tail- it sticks straight up! She usually wants it up when she sees Riley getting her hair done. When I put it up, she walks over the mirror to look at herself! And she loves to take a bath and have her hair washed. The only way I can get her dressed after the bath (since she also loves to be naked) is to tell her that we need to blow dry her hair!

*She likes to sit on her new potty, but nothing has come out yet :)

*She still loves her big sister, but sometimes gets upset with Riley when she wants to hug her too much or does something she doesn't like. Then she screeches at the top of her lungs. She does this with the dog, too!

*She is starting to like watching TV- I know it is bad, but it buys me precious minutes of peace! So far, she enjoys Sesame Street, Yo Gabba Gabba and the Wiggles. Yesterday was a rainy, miserable day so we watched the Wiggle CD and I think she made us watch the Monkey Dance about a million times....every time it ended she would point to the remote and say "ah, ah, ah, oh, oh, oh" (that is what a monkey says!).....

Ok- that is all I can think of right now....my little babe is growing up!

No comments: