Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Birth Story, part two coming soon

So….Annie is almost one. And I have yet to complete her birthstory. I think about it at least once a week. I have talked about writing it at length with Todd, and commented about it here, too. I even created a Word document a few weeks ago called Birth Story and saved it on my desktop. But, I still have, not even once, started to write it. Until today. I don’t know how far I will get, but I know that I NEED to finish it.

I really do not know why it has taken me this long, although I suspect the reason could be the fact that I really do not remember too much of what happened where I left off last. I also have some unresolved issues surrounding her birth (without getting too psychoanalytic here, although those of you who know me IRL and the fact that I did have 3 years of masters level classes on this stuff should not be surprised) that I have not dealt with, and, after a year, are still painful and still cause me to become kind of emotional when I think about them. So I guess all of that together has contributed to the fact that this is still unwritten…and, oh yeah, I am a bit of a procrastinator and if it wasn’t for the fact that I NEED to write this before her birthday, I would probably still be just thinking about it…..so....I am going to write it....soon!

No comments: