Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I still have more pictures- will see if I can get to them later.

Here are some Riley and Annie updates :)

RILEY:
*Gymnastics is going fabulously. She has it today, and is very excited each Tuesday so that Ms Tonie can see what she has learned. She really is doing well- she has perfected her "bridge" and shows everyone who wants to see it! Last week she hung on the rings, which she was afraid to do before, so each week she is doing more and more.

*She has said some pretty funny things lately...but for the life of me I can not remember them right now. Sleep deprivation is a horrible thing..more on that in Annie's update :)

*She decided on a Halloween costume- Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. So last weekend we went to Walmart, where they wanted $20 for a cheap looking dress...no shoes, no bows, no socks. So, I decided to make one. Have started it- the verdict is still out on whether this is a good idea or not...will let you know later!

*Had parent/teacher conference last week. As usual, she is perfect :) She is right on track for everything. We need to continue to work with her on letters and sounds and reading. Oh, and using scissors- she holds them weird, so Ms Kelly is trying to fix that.

*Continues to love much her baby sister....so much that it is a little too much sometimes!! She always wants to kiss and hold her- this morning she made me take pictures of the two of them together. When we were traveling I had to stop the stroller several times so that Riley could kiss her...cute, but a tad annoying. Oh, well...better than being jealous!!

ANNIE:
*Is doing well...still is a champion nurser and just lights up when I left my top (ha, ha!!), and smiles and starts kicking away- just too cute....she is full of big smiles and coos lately...more and more each day. I need to get some on video.

*Sleeping is still hit or miss...had a really, really bad night last night. Wouldn't go to sleep- fought me and Todd for hours- finally fell asleep around 11:30 and proceeded to be up every hour ALL NIGHT LONG...she must be going through a growth spurt right now because all she wanted to do was nurse, and was really restless, too. Makes for one very tired Mama today...

*We have her two-month check up on Thursday. Very anxious to see how much she weighs!! Think it might be in the 12 lbs range.

*I go back to work (full-time- have really been working my whole leave, unfortunately) in a few weeks. She will be staying with Ms Amy for a few months, and then moving to Riley's school after the first of the year.

Guess that is it for now....we are on FULL BABY WATCH for my little niece to be born ANY DAY NOW!!!!!! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: