Monday, September 14, 2009

She is a giant!

Annie and I went for her 1st year check up about 2 weeks ago, about 2 weeks after her birthday. She did very well waiting, although it wasn't too long before they took us back. As usual, they measured her- she is still off the charts for height, and then weighed her- think she was around 23ish pounds, about 75 percentile, I think. She is definitely healthy!

Then I asked if they were going to test her blood for hemoglobin- when she was sick a few months ago, they told us her hemoglobin was a bit low, so I wanted to make sure it was ok now. Well, that turned into a bit of a fiasco....the nurse pricked her finger and got the blood, but it took a while, so I think she was a bit flustered and put the band-aid on wrong....when she left, I could see that her finger was still bleeding, so I tried to stop it with some tissue, but it just still kept bleeding. I was in the middle of that (of course, all the while Annie SCREAMING) when the doctor walked it. He took the band-aid off and had to try to stop the blood flowing- it took a while- enough that he asked if anyone in our family had any bleeding issues...but it finally stopped and we put on a new band-aid. Poor little thing was so upset by this point, understandably....she didn't want anything to do with the rest of the visit.

Other than that, she is good to go for another 6 months....we need to try to get her off the last nighttime bottle, which I will work on after we get back from the beach.... :)

No comments: